Fishing advice and information for the disabled or able bodied anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

n/east anglesey

2 posters

Go down

n/east anglesey Empty n/east anglesey

Post by joe roberts Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58 am

couldnt get a pass out sat night as freinds were coming around for a drink. so even with the weather the way it was last night i opted to head for the north east side of the island with bull bay being my chosen venue.

got there and the wind was over head but not enough depth in the water for my liking so sacked that and headed further north. got to an old mark we used to fish and it was a bit choppy slight wind to the left but comfy enough.

set up 2 rods one pulley rig with bluey on the other thought id try for some maccie as the only bait i had was a pack of blueys a box of squid and about 15 crabs. after half hour trying for maccie i give up and just baited the feathers with crab and squid. straight away little pollock and poor cod.

my spot.

n/east anglesey Picture016-2

fed up with the little pollock i swapped my rig to another pulley rig with just crab and cast a bit further for wrasse straight away.

small wrasse.

n/east anglesey Picture015-1

some a bit bigger.

n/east anglesey Picture014-2

and the last before the sun went down.

n/east anglesey Picture017-2

as the sun went down it started to rain a little and the thoughts were home. so decided to have one last chuck on both rods. i baited one with whole bluey and the other whole squid in the hope of a conger.

it was very quiet for about an hour and the dogs had not shown so i thought early dart home until i got a little tap and brought this in.

n/east anglesey Picture019-1

returned him and baited up for what was now defo my last cast. waited a 10 minutes and started to pack up and i noticed a very good doggy bite struck it and straight away it went banana's fought all the way in and my thought's were a nice conger for the spiecies hunt but this feller surfaced. weighed in at 5.98kls (about 13lb).

n/east anglesey Picture020

well made up. couldnt even lift him. had to go down the edge of the water and tail him in the swell which was frightning as i was on my own.

n/east anglesey Picture021

weighed him and returned him as quick as possible and ppacked up and was home for just after midnight as happy as larry.

joe roberts

Male
Number of posts : 102
Job/hobbies : work for toyota uk
Humor : very good sense of humour
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

n/east anglesey Empty Re: n/east anglesey

Post by allthegearnoidea Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am

Well done Joe cracking Huss mate fish of a lifetime

green eye
allthegearnoidea