Fishing advice and information for the disabled or able bodied anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swillington Park

3 posters

Go down

Swillington Park Empty Swillington Park

Post by DanDanUK Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 am

Ok visited Swillington Park Fishery today with my pal Matty

Got there at 08.45 and we fished lake 4 another website is suppling "FALSE" information on this venue won't say any names (YF) stating there are 200 double figured carp in this lake, i spoke to the bailiff today nice old fella told me theres actually more near 70 to 100 fish and also mentioned that is is an extreamly difficult water to fish.

any way the whole complex is a decent looking venue the guy who owns it is working very hard on improving the fishery he's also digging out another lake, theres plenty of room for bivvys and the lake we fished was more like a river its an "S" shaped lake pleasant to look at and very well kept.

so my tactics for the day were on my left hand rod i was fishing with natural baits sweetcorn, hemp and maggots and on the right hand rod a small method feeder with soaked pellets mixed with (Gaz pineapple additive) and a bit of hemp and a few maggots all rolled into one very carpy!!!

it got to about 12.00 i was just nodding off in my chair and a bloke came over for a chat nice fella he fished that water quite often and has had carp upto 22lbs out of it, so we were chatting and he was telling me how it's a difficult water too and my right hand rod screemed off

i was playing the fish for a good 5 minutes fought very hard i was surprised how hard it was actually fighting the other fellas who were bivvying out came running over and taking pictures they are season ticket members who document the fish caught so they wanted pics.

anyway heres the pic's of the day !!! a 13lb mirror excuse the poor quality pic's Matty's a mook !

Swillington Park DSC00004

Swillington Park DSC00003

Swillington Park DSC00005

Swillington Park Image011

Swillington Park Image010
DanDanUK
DanDanUK

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Swillington Park Empty Re: Swillington Park

Post by fishypaul Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:19 am

nice fish dan,i love that lake
fishypaul
fishypaul

Male
Number of posts : 255
Job/hobbies : job - dull / hobby - fishing and drinking
Humor : bad taste
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Character sheet
Role Play: 3

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegearnoidea Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

nice fish and a good report mate well done
fishing3
allthegearnoidea
allthegearnoidea
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1

http://disabledtalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DanDanUK Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:34 am

yeah this lake is a good one has carp upto 25lbs only 70 fish in there, access for disabled anglers is pretty good also, you can drive right to the waters edge
DanDanUK
DanDanUK

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down