Fishing advice and information for the disabled or able bodied anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogsbrook lakes

Go down

Hogsbrook lakes Empty Hogsbrook lakes

Post by carphunter Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 am

just outside exeter in devon & until recently owned by nigel mansell as part of his golf course, he has just sold the lot for £14,000,000

the complex consists of two lakes (I would say the upper lake would be wheelchair accessable, the lower lake is also but with a longer walk) which are ran by a club fishing is £275 for the year which includes toilets, shower & the use of a large camping field (free to members families) the larger of the two lakes being about 2 acres the other about an acre, definately both runs waters with carp going from about 5 lb to mid 30's with the rumour of the odd 40 although I have never seen these on the bank

both lakes respond well to all baits although favoutites in the summer are the method with vitalin & maize, winter halibut pellet

all sorts of particles will catch fish (all nut baits are banned) although they will mainly atract the smaller carp, the larger tend to go for richworth bloodmeal or scopex boilies. the fish do not respond well to over feeding which makes it lighter on the pocket

other species include specimen bream, eels & perch, tench, roach, rudd although sadly no pike all the swims are nicely laid out with gravel paths all around, although some are difficult to get a bivvie on

any enquiries the balliffs (maureen & desmond) can be contacted on 01395 233340

nb. I can highly recomend maureens breakfast at £3 a go including tea or coffee it's well woth it
carphunter
carphunter

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : carp fishing & carp fishing
Registration date : 2008-03-25

http://rodsreelscarpforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down