shell island

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shell island

Post by ryan1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:52 pm

just a brief account of our few days away on shell island... should be called windy city that place Laughing Laughing arrived on site around midday, met up with a few members from another forum and
after taking in the views and a quick chat it was time to pick our pitch and get tented up before the threatening rain arrived, having got everything sorted it was down to the harbour for a couple of hours fishing in the channel Smile weed made it almost impossible so it was back to the camp and after a bite to eat and a few drinks, we turned in for a good nights sleep Smile well what a night we had... woken up by torrential rain and the wind was unbelievable Shocked we felt really gutted for two members of the group as they had to cut there stay short as there tent got rearranged by the strong winds. Sad
As far as the fishing goes it was really poor, weather dictating conditions ect. on wednesday evening the wind did ease for a while and the sea dropped off nicely in which i managed to get a small plaice and frank had a couple of small schoolies Smile still we had a great few days.
Regards the venue.. imo it's a classic bass venue with great potential, as all good bass venues weed can be a big problem... you just have to learn how to fish these sort of places Smile we found the weed to be mostly in the fringes and for this reason chest wades are a must have here imo as it allows you to get beyond the weed.
With all the info gained we’ll defo be going back there armed with plugs/lures Wink Smile and jags that info was bang on... thanks m8
As for the camping side of things this site is fantastic and is a great site for meets Cool just one point to note for those with large tents... i would find a lower level pitch and forgo the beautiful sea views, there is plenty of skips to dispose of your tent tho Laughing Laughing ... oh yes not forgetting the causeway at h/w if your outside the camp Embarassed
All in all we had a great time and another great fishing venue in the book.

passage through the snowdonia mountains

tents up and all sorted

biggest sand dunes i've ever seen

nice harbour with easy concrete slips

views of the deep channel from the harbour into the bay

sea dropped away as the wind eased

sea view with harlech castle in the background

ryan

ryan1
Developer
Developer

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shell island

Post by allthegearnoidea on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:53 pm

That venue looks gr8 Ryan pity about the weather very good report and pictures though mate look forward to our next session together probably need my mountain goat to get over them dunes though Laughing

DERBY DISABLED ANGLING CLUB
one day i will catch the one that got away
allthegearnoidea
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1

View user profile http://disabledtalk.forumotion.com