weekend away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

weekend away

Post by ryan1 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm

well weekend upon us and another visit to wales Very Happy up at silly o'clock Saturday morning, van loaded and of we went, planned on going to Anglesey Saturday and then down to aberystwyth sunday to meet up with 2 locals we met from our last visit, we had a few marks shortlisted for the island but after meeting up with our 2 m8s from the north west ben and his dad, the word bass got mentioned so straight away that put a couple of marks on the lleyn peninsula into the mix Wink with a few silvers in mind it was off to our chosen venue near Caernarfon.
Unfortunately the wind was a lot stronger than predicted so from there it was down the pwllheli on the other side... more sheltered but the weed was a pain silent gutted, thoughts lent towards us making a bad decision and should have stuck to our original plan of Anglesey, anyway these things happen and as we was nearer to aber we opted to stay on the lleyn, so it was back over to the other side scratch collected some fresh peeler and blow lug and then back to the first mark only to find that the flood tide had brought in the dreaded weed Shocked but we stuck with it and finally was rewarded with a few of these fellas, pics not very good as photographer was having a bad day lol Laughing Laughing

my m8 ben also had his first ever bass and was well made up Very Happy Very Happy
Packed up at 4:30am grabbed a quick power nap then it was off down to aber.
Finally met up with gail (kingfisher)... mark (beach bum) and his lad as keen as ever was already fishing, after a walk on the stone jetty to say hello and plan the day ahead it was time for a well earned brew Smile although the fishing was very slow we still had a cracking day and the weather again was fantastic sunny we fished on until 6pm then said our farewells till the next time.
It was really nice to have met up with mark and gail and hope to see you both soon... thanks for a great day Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Here’s a few scenic pics as you all know what doggies look like

ryan

ryan1
Developer
Developer

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: weekend away

Post by allthegearnoidea on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:19 pm

gr8 report and pics Ryan loverly looking bass well done wish i could have joined you but my legs are on the mend now and looking forward to our next outing together on the 27th
fishing3

DERBY DISABLED ANGLING CLUB
one day i will catch the one that got away
allthegearnoidea
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1