Aberystwyth weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aberystwyth weekend

Post by ryan1 on Tue May 26, 2009 3:37 pm

With the weather favourable for the weekend it was off to Aberystwyth for a few days to see my sister... plan was to try and find a bit of time for a recce on a few marks Wink Smile main focus was Aberaeron north beach, borth and Aber itís self
Saturday was an early start Sleep after a few stops on the way finally arrived at borth for low water, conditions looked perfect... would loved to have had a fish but time was against us so having gathered the info we needed it was off to Aber, first call uni then off to find somewhere to tent up for the night.

Sunday was a trip to Aberaeron... having got there we found the north beach to be out of sorts due to sea defence work, so the fishing was through the window Sad having gathered some local info called in at aeron sports for some bait then decided it was back to aber.
Got parked up at the stone jetty, after a brew it was out with the spinning rods and a walk to the far left of the beach towards the rocks... word was a few nice bass and mackerel was coming out Very Happy I started off with the spinners while my dad tried some new lures, made our way back towards the pier working the lures... but there was nothing showing, set up the big rod with a 2 hook clipped rig baited with sand eel and straight away was into the doggies, then a couple of missed bites... the next hour saw nothing but crab bites then just before high water another good rattle on the rod resulted in a tiny huss Very Happy followed by another doggie all on the small side, then as the sun set it was just doggie city.

Monday we followed up a bit of advice from the local lads cheers before we set off on the long journey back home, all in all we had a very good weekend, the weather was fantastic sunny and we gathered some good info and ideas to take back.
Hereís a few pics from the weekend.

work in progress with the new sea defence at north beach aberaeron

another shot of the new sea defence

first off the mark was paul with this doggie back at aber south beach

both hooks chewed off, evidence of the spider crabs

no success with the feathers, so i got in on the action with my first doggie of the day

sun setting with the stone jetty in view

last glimpse of the sunset

ryan1
Developer
Developer

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aberystwyth weekend

Post by Guest on Thu May 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Ryan a bit of hard work on the fishing front but looks as though you had a good recci for the future.
I dont do any sea fishing now (may have a go soon if i get an invite localy) but wouldnt fancy trying to fish where they are doing the defence works.
brilliant pictures though of the sunsets

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan1 on Fri May 29, 2009 1:57 pm

martin. wrote:Ryan a bit of hard work on the fishing front but looks as though you had a good recci for the future.
I dont do any sea fishing now (may have a go soon if i get an invite localy) but wouldnt fancy trying to fish where they are doing the defence works.
brilliant pictures though of the sunsets

actually when the sea defence is complete (later in the year) it will be a very easy mark to fish, the rocks are going to be pulled right back to the promenade, in the second pic... there's a camp site to the left, and it's literally 5 paces to the sea.

and your more than welcome to join us anytime steve can't make it... we just share the costs.

ryan

ryan1
Developer
Developer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegearnoidea on Fri May 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Well done Ryan gr8 pics and very informative report
wonder what the crabs do with all the hooks ? the must have millions by now Laughing

DERBY DISABLED ANGLING CLUB
one day i will catch the one that got away
allthegearnoidea
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1

View user profile http://disabledtalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:00 pm

ryan1 wrote:

actually when the sea defence is complete (later in the year) it will be a very easy mark to fish, the rocks are going to be pulled right back to the promenade, in the second pic... there's a camp site to the left, and it's literally 5 paces to the sea.

and your more than welcome to join us anytime steve can't make it... we just share the costs.

ryan

would love to mate but you would have to lend me some sea tackle as my pole or float rod wouldnt stand up to that type of fishing, i have not done any sea fishingfor about 15 years

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan1 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

no probs m8, mackerel and bass are just coming in now, all you need for them is a spinning rod and reel, can sort you out with that no probs.
as for bottom fishing if you can use a multiplier you'd be sorted other wise i'm sure steve would lend you a fixed spool reel.
if you do any carp fishing or you can borrow a carp rod and reel then that will cover most of the fishing from the shore.
only other thing is we normally go at short notice, that way we get the right conditions and weather... and a few fish hopefully.

ryan

ryan1
Developer
Developer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 am

Have used multipliers before but not for a while
i have barbel 12 foot 1.75lb/2lb test rods which should be OK for Mackeral & Bass & carp 2.5 lb rods as well.
Going at short notice is not really a problem to me as im retired /disabled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top