Fishing advice and information for the disabled or able bodied anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

marks in kent

Go down

marks in kent Empty marks in kent

Post by fishypaul Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:12 am

those of you who wish to fish from the shore have a few options in kent,
one of the best venues is princes parade at sandgate,
the fishing is good and parking is on the promenade with just a few steps to negotiate,
hythe , just a mile or so to the west is also just as good with parking on the promenade but with the added bonus of a chippie only 500 yards away Laughing
thats what you call luxury tongue

how about a bit of pier fishing ?
deal pier is quite good,it isn't too long and the car park is near the entrance .but the best one for disabled access is the prince of wales pier in dover,
it is a long pier with good facilities ( a caff and toilets at the end ) and if you have a blue badge you are able to drive on the pier right up to where you are fishing,
i think a phone call is needed to the dover harbour board to arrange access,
i will check on this and get back.

i hope these venues have given some of you food for thought,i will post other venues up when i think of them, in the meantime,if you have any questions about any kent venues don't be afraid to e-mail me at - trublupaul@tiscali.co.uk
fishypaul
fishypaul

Male
Number of posts : 255
Job/hobbies : job - dull / hobby - fishing and drinking
Humor : bad taste
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Character sheet
Role Play: 3

Back to top Go down

marks in kent Empty Re: marks in kent

Post by fishypaul Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21 am

this is what the dover saa website says about taking your car on to the prince of wales pier
" Anglers with disabilities are able to take their vehicles along the pier with prior arrangement from the Marina Office which is situated on the landward side of the swing bridge."

hope that helps
fishypaul
fishypaul

Male
Number of posts : 255
Job/hobbies : job - dull / hobby - fishing and drinking
Humor : bad taste
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Character sheet
Role Play: 3

Back to top Go down