Fishing advice and information for the disabled or able bodied anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accessable marks

Go down

accessable marks Empty accessable marks

Post by allthegearnoidea Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Marks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking that you needs marks that are both safe and accesible?

Town Quay in Southampton has railings and fencing and is built out on a large jetty you can drive and park, and fish straight out of the boot of the car.

Haslar Wall in Gosport is another park, fish from boot of car either of a walled part of the sea defence or straight of the edge.

Meon Shore near Hill Head again park up and fish over a wall (seem to remember this is a high water water, but could be wrong)

Guess it largely depends on the level of disability, the marks above are all fine for wheelchair access, if you are taking non-wheelchair bound than some of the larger sea fronts such as Eastney (Southsea) or even Southsea Pier might be ideal.

I'd also get in touch with the Ministry of Defence especially around the portsmouth area as they tend to own all the docks which again have easy access and there is also Calshot fishing club in Southampton they might do you a special deal, and the fishing is nice and accessible their - not sure about wheel chair access, but being an activity centre, they'd probably have a solution. Anyways good luck, sounds a fantastic idea.

Oh forgot this one . . .Mayflower Park in Southampton, again Park and Fish.

That's for starters, if you need any help I might be able to lend a hand, I coach kids with special needs and also various other footie teams, but worth a shout if you need a extra pair of hands, am always happy to help if i can get the time.
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1

http://disabledtalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

accessable marks Empty accessable marks

Post by allthegearnoidea Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:44 pm

this is the first of i hope many helpfull ideas from people off other sites the first of many i hope
and i cant thank them enough
allthegearnoidea
allthegearnoidea
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1430
Job/hobbies : retired
Humor : sick
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Character sheet
Role Play: 1

http://disabledtalk.forumotion.com